| The home is on the National Register of Historic Homes and has been featured in a number of publications, including the Bank of England's employees magazine "The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street", "The Insider's Guide: Maine's Southern Coast", "The Romantic Northeast" (Ken Christensen), "Maine, Off the Beaten Path" (Wayne Curtis), and all three major newspapers serving Bath. Selected for the 2008 Best of Bath Award in the Bed & Breakfasts category by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA). Selected as a "Best of New England" winner in the 2008 BedandBreakfast.com Awards.|
Built in 1874 for Galen Clapp Moses, the house became an instant celebrity in Bath when Jim and Larry purchased it in 1994 to create a bed & breakfast. Departing from traditional local house colors, this Italianate structure was draped in the most vivid colors of plum, pink and teal, thus its nickname, "The Pink House".
There are surprises throughout the house, from the elegant gardens and rooms filled with tasteful antiques to the full theatre located on the third floor (and once used to entertain officers from the nearby Naval Air Station during World War II). The house contains a number of spirits, other than the sherry served at 5:00pm. Our ghosts, assuredly friendly, are likely to make their presence felt on a frequent basis. Early evening finds guests relaxing on the porches which surround the house or taking a leisurely stroll along the waterfront.